April 9, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
HUNTERDON CHAMBER HOSTS RECREATIONAL CANNABIS IS LEGAL IN NEW JERSEY: WHAT EMPLOYERS NEED TO KNOW
The Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce will be virtually hosting a panel presentation on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
This virtual presentation will provide you with information to help you understand the area of law so that you might ask the right question(s) with the attorney of your choice when needed.
This presentation is for you if your company has these questions:
• What are the key provisions of the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory, Enforcement Assistance, and Marketplace Modernization Act (CREAMMA) that impact my workplace?
• What are the new rules for drug testing and the interplay with the Jake Honig Medical Cannabis Act?
• What should every employer be doing now?
• What is left unanswered by CREAMMA?
We will offer some helpful scenarios and answer questions you have about this legislation at the conclusion.
Format is 1 hour presentation, with roughly 10-15 mins spent on each segment.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this presentation should be interpreted as legal advice. This presentation is intended to help a person to understand the area of law so that they might ask the right questions with the attorney of his/her choice.
Hunterdon County Chamber President Chris Phelan said, ‘We are looking forward to this presentation on the legalization of recreational cannabis in New Jersey. Employers need to know how it could affect their business and what to do if it does. Today our world is filled with change on businesses - from the pandemic to legalizing marijuana. Our business leaders need a clear understanding of how this new recreational cannabis can affect their business – from impact on their employees to the impact on their day-to-day business. How it could change the way they run their business today and their policies on fit-for-duty.”
Due to our current group gathering restrictions, this program will be brought to you virtually. Our panel speakers are:
• Nick Pellitta, Esq. from Norris McLaughlin Attorneys at law, P.A. - Moderator
• William P. Flahive, Esq. from Flahive Mueller Attorneys at Law, LLC
• John P. Mueller, Esq. from Flahive Mueller Attorneys at Law, LLC
• Charlotte Scanniello, Law Clerk from Flahive Mueller Attorneys at Law, LLC
• Lesley Gabel, CPS, Co-Executive Director Prevention Resources
There will be some helpful scenarios and an opportunity to have questions answered at the end of the presentation.
We hope you will join us on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. If you have not yet registered, please visit our website @ www.hunterdon-chamber.org and click on News and Events.
The Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce, established in 1916, represents over 600 member organizations with over 15,000 employees. The Chamber serves as the advocate for the Business Community and offers a wide array of initiatives centered on economic & workforce development, leadership and business resources. For more information on the Chamber please visit www.hunterdonchamber.org or call 908-782-7115.